We could be the answer to your staff absenteeism problems
On-site therapists and support from The Welwyn and Hatfield Practice in Hertfordshire
In order to demonstrate the value of our treatment we are more than happy to offer a free trial course of treatments for 1 or 2 of your employees. Recent research has revealed that an average level of sickness is about 10 days P.A which equals to about 4% of the workforce off work for a whole year.
We have provided Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists and Massage Therapists to a variety of local and national businesses for over ten years. Contracts vary from those which involve just occasional visits for advice on lifting, seating and ergonomics to those for which we supply a small team of therapists regularly every week. Prices are negotiable and competitive.
The Welwyn and Hatfield Practice Business Support – Getting you better all the time!
Work related injuries are probably the most common complaint and why people visit our clinic. That said, such individuals often do not come to us before they have been off work for a few days and/or have had several episodes of pain in the past (often with time off work for prolonged periods) and they have finally decided to come and get help.
Increasingly, we have been working with local businesses to address such problems by ensuring rapid return to work when injuries occur, reducing injury recurrences and “weeding out” difficult patients with non resolving symptoms.
All the companies to which we provide our services have been using us for a number of years.
- Our good quality care with G.P. and specialist liaison.
- Our commitment to rapid access to treatment often within twenty four hours.
- An overall reduction in sick days due to treatment being initiated quickly therefore support, treatment and advice with the aim to reduce further problems and possible litigation.
- The fact that those clients who come are inclined to take time off work with pain of ” debatable severities ” often discover that they are able to work as soon as assessment and treatment is offered.
- We are very flexible – employees vary from those which only pay the first couple of treatments to those which are happy to pay for longer cover. (We regularly provide updates for Occupational Health review).
- Difficult and complex cases can easily be referred to a senior therapist for individual case review.
- We offer both the option of company sending employers to visit our clinic and/or “on-site” treatment (with a physiotherapist/osteopath/acupuncturist) at your place of work.
We are responsible for the treatment – not the employer who arranges/suggests the referral.
We pride ourselves on our professionalism and effectiveness and give time and care to all of our patients so that they improve swiftly and feel supported.
Patients leave our clinic with a good working diagnosis (i.e. optimistic outlook). They have a good idea of how they can help themselves . This is done through a programme of exercises and emotional encouragement. They also have an idea of how long they will take to get better, along with a good understanding of why the problem has happened to them in the first place. This is topped up with good quality education/rehabilitation advice so that the problem does not happen all over again costing them more pain and the business more lost hours and productivity.
If you would be interested in using our clinic for the treatment of your employees, please do arrange a meeting so that we can discuss exactly what is required – we can tailor a service to suit you.
Funding arrangements are adaptable
We can either:
- Invoice your company on a monthly basis including details of each individual treatment.
- Charge the employee when they visit us. They will be provided with a receipt so they can be refunded by the company in full or part.
We normally charge £40.00 per visit for payments made by an company account (pre – arranged). However, if the throughput of referral is significant, a reduction to this rate can of course be negotiated to suit any funding budgets. We will not add any charges for holding an account for you.
Referrals can be made by any approach that is preferred, but most companies prefer to email. Alternatively you can fax a referral to us (we can contact the employee to make an appointment) or the employee can be given a referral form and he/she can contact us to make an appointment.
Feedback information will always be provided to you (we obtain the employee’s permission for this at his/her first visit).
We also offer injury assessments (with or without a report) and manual handling courses.
We are flexible and wish to provide an above average service. If you would are interested and would like more information, or would like to make an appointment to discuss arrangement please call us on 01707 888229 (out of hours 0780 339 2903) and ask to speak to Ian Norman (Head Osteopath & Practice Director). You can also contact us via email: email@example.com