PRE AND POST NATAL PREGNANCY MASSAGE
At the Welwyn & Hatfield Practice serving Hatfield ,Welwyn Garden City, potters Bar, Brookmans Park and St Albans
Why Massage During Pregnancy?
Massage during pregnancy not only makes a woman feel pampered, but offers undeniable physical benefits as well. Massage can relieve fatigue, help in relaxation, enhance sleep and calm an active baby.
-Relieve leg cramps
-Relieve your aches and pains
While prenatal massage is suggested for nearly all moms, there are considerations for the safety and comfort of mother and baby. Please acquire a doctors note for appointments made in the first trimester. Any involved complications as pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, etc., will require a note as well.
During the 2nd and 3rd trimester of the pregnancy, massage can stimulate blood flow, which may assist in the prevention of anemia. An increase in muscle tone and flexibility will occur, aiding in alleviating leg cramps and muscle spasms.
The pregnancy massage is very similar to ordinary massages, however the pregnancy massage is performed by a trained specialist in prenatal massage who unerstands the individual needs of the expecting mother – and baby.
Muscular discomforts, such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension, and knots, can all be alleviated.
• Massage can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes one is experiencing.
• Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches, oedema, and sore, swollen ankles and feet.
• Massage increases local and general blood circulation, which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of both the mother and foetus. This means greater vitality and less fatigue for mother and better nourishment for her baby.
Massage can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes is experiencing.
• Massage helps nervous tension, which helps the mother sleep more easily and more deeply.
• Massage can be used during the birth to make it easier and more comfortable for the labour
Our Pregnancy Massage Therapist:
Tracy is an holistic Practitioner, homeopath, Massage therapist and teacher. She has been practicing for over 12years and loves this work.
She loves working structurally to stretch and release the body particularly the lower back and believes having a treatment helps boost the whole body not just the injured area.
Many people also see Tracy for regular treatment as a way of releasing the pressure of every day life and keeping themselves strong yet relaxed. She is excellent at getting you to deeply relax and let go, there’s many a person that’s fallen asleep during a session!! So don’t be at all surprised…. impact on your life, give your body some quality time to repair and recover
Tracy always works with an awareness of emotions and a sense of the whole. She also works with pregnancy and post natalTaking time to de-stress even for an hour a week can make a marked