Why Osteopathy or Massage During Pregnancy?
The Welwyn and Hatfield Practice specialises in Osteopathy, Physiotherapy or Massage treatments during pregnancy. Treatments not only make you feel pampered, but offers undeniable physical benefits as well. Treatment and Massage can relieve fatigue and stress, help with relaxation, enhance sleep and calm an active baby.
- Alleviate backaches
- Reduce fatigue
- Relieve leg cramps
- Reduce edema (swelling of legs and limbs)
- Enhance your quality sleep
- Relieve your aches and pains
While prenatal massage is suggested for nearly all mums, there are considerations for the safety and comfort of mother and baby. Please have a chat with us about appointments made in the first trimester. Any involved complications as pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes etc. will be taken into consideration.
Pregnancy treatments are great during the 2nd and 3rd trimester, massage can stimulate blood flow and improve lymphatics, which may assist in the prevention of anemia. An increase in muscle tone and flexibility will occur, aiding in alleviating leg cramps and muscle spasms. The pregnancy massage is very similar to ordinary massages, however the pregnancy massage is performed by an Osteopath, Massage Therapist or Physiotherapist trained in prenatal massage. We understand the individual needs of each expectant mother and baby.
Muscular discomforts, such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension and knots can all be successfully treated.
- Massage can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes that you may be experiencing.
- Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts during pregnancy such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches, oedema ( excess fluid in the legs), and sore, swollen ankles and feet.
- Massage increases local and general blood circulation, which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of both the mother and foetus. This means greater vitality and less fatigue for mother and better nourishment for her baby.
- Massage can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes is experiencing.
- Massage helps nervous tension, which helps the mother sleep more easily and more deeply.
- Massage can be used during the birth to make it easier and more comfortable for the labour.
What our Patients Say
“Since having my son a year ago I have a strong interest in pregnancy, delivery and post pregnancy pain. I really feel the clinic can offer a unique experience for fertility, pregnancy and post delivery for all women with our specialist team here at the Welwyn and Hatfield Practice.” Gemma W. (Hatfield)
Meet our Pregnancy Massage Therapist: Tracey Weaver
Tracey is a holistic practitioner, homeopath, massage therapist and teacher. She has been practicing for over 12 years and loves this work. She loves working structurally to stretch and release the body particularly the lower back and believes having a treatment helps boost the whole body not just the injured area.
Many people also see Tracey for regular treatment as a way of releasing the pressure of every day life and keeping themselves strong yet relaxed. She is excellent at getting you to deeply relax and let go. There are many a people that have fallen asleep during a session! So don’t be at all surprised. Impact on your life, give your body some quality time to repair and recover
Tracey always works with an awareness of emotions and a sense of the whole. She also works with pregnancy and post natal, taking time to de-stress even for an hour a week can make a marked difference.