Osteopathy is a ‘whole body’ system of manual therapy based on a unique underlying philosophy dating back many centuries. Osteopathy was founded by a pioneer American doctor, Dr Andrew Taylor Still (1828-1917) in 1874. He began a school of medicine that focused on the importance of the musculoskeletal system in the maintenance of health. This is summarised by the following tenets of osteopathy:
- The body is a unit.
- The body has self healing and self regulating mechanisms.
- Structure and function are interrelated.
- Rational osteopathic treatment applies these first three principles to the care of individual.
From the RMIT osteopathy website http://www.rmit.edu.au Our training
- Our gentle, hands on approach is one of the keys to our success, combined with traditional osteopathic and modern orthopaedic diagnosis.
- In th UK, Osteopaths are required to undertake 4 -5 years of full time University study.
- The course content in these degrees covers anatomy, physiology, pathology, general medical diagnosis, as well as Osteopathic technique and diagnosis.
- The World Health Organisation recognises osteopathic diagnoses as being scientifically proven. The body of research further supporting Osteopathic treatment is constantly expanding.
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Arthritis, fibromyalgia,
- Allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Gynecological problems like infertility and PMS
- Depression, anxiety, insomnia and stress
- Low back pain (eg disc injuries, sciatica, referred pain) · neck pain
- Pregnancy related pains
- Postural problems eg the ‘computer posture’, sway back etc
- Jaw pain (clicking, grinding, pain)
- Irritable bowl syndrome and other abdominal complaints (bloating)
OSTEOPATHIC OR ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU. OSTEOPATHIC TREATMENT IS HEALTH FOCUSED RATHER THAN DISEASE FOCUSED. WE WORK TOWARDS RESTORING HOMEOSTASIS OR BALANCE TO “DIS-EASE” OR LACK OF EASE WITHIN THE BODY. AS A RESULT THE BODY IS FREE TO HEAL ITSELF.
We treat……..educate……….and care
Osteopathy, cranial, massage, health, alternative, medicine, pain, stretch, sports, babies, children, manipulation, injury, muscle, energy, skin, joint, health, back, back pain, neck pain, chronic pain, hips, knees ankles sacrum, sacroiliac, spine, spinal, disc, nerve, pinched nerve, slipped disc, sprain, strain, gentle, triggerpoint therapy, counterstrain, deep tissue, ligament, injury, pregnancy, Sports, Remedial Physiology, Strength, Pain Management, Rehabilitation, Musculo-skeletal Medicine, Deep tissue, Myofascial release, Shoulder pain,wrist pain,Spinal Manipulation